- Caffeine increases the power of aspirin and other painkillers; that’s why it is found in some medicines.
- A housefly cruises at an average of 8kph and hums in the middle octave key of E.
- If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne, it will keep floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.
- The shoe lace was invented in England in 1790. Before that, shoes had buckles.
- When Leo Tolstoy and his brother were children, they created a club with a rather odd initiation ceremony. In order to become a member, you had to stand in a corner for a half an hour and not think of anything white.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- Thousands of hours are wasted each day by people running their fingers along the outside of a roll of tape until they stumble upon the edge where the tape begins.
- Due to earth’s gravity, it is impossible for mountains to be higher than 15,000 meters.
- 23% of people who read this list will try floating a raisin next time they have a glass of bubbly.
You Ain’t Gonna Believe This!
Fun facts that'll blow your mind!
Latest Issue & Articles:
How to enjoy your Wild Child!
Risk it for the biscuit
Home Sweet Home
How to have a bath
Brain Science for Dummies
The Science of Music
Hannah Shand Art