A 53-year-old Dallas woman cleared security without incident at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in September. However, airport security chased after her, running down an escalator to call her back.
Forget something? Oh, just want to inspect your supersized afro, ma’am.
The security agents pulled the Dallas hairstylist aside and searched her hair. “They said, ‘We have to check your hair for explosives’ … and I thought they were kidding me!” Isis Brantley told an Atlanta news station. “I just thought it was a joke. I was shocked. Everyone was shocked!”
And just how big was her hair? Well, she said she hadn’t cut it in 41 years …
‘Lexophile’ is a word used to describe those that have a love for words, such as ‘you can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish’. A competition is held every year to see who can come up with the best word plays. Here are a few samples, including the overall winner …
• When fish are in schools, they sometimes take debate.
• A thief who stole a calendar got 12 months.
• With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
• Police were summoned to a day-care centre where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
• When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.
• When she saw her first strands of grey hair, she thought she’d dye.
And the winner …
• Those who get too big for their pants will be totally exposed in the end!