- There are at least 6700 languages in the world.
- Ostrich racing is a popular sport in South Africa. (Although it’s not too popular with ostriches!)
- Only four words in the English language end in “-dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- Cats average 16 hours sleep a day – more than any other mammal.
- Every time you clean something you just make something else dirty.
- Crocodiles, though surprisingly fast when running on land, are not agile. So if you ever find yourself chased by one, remember to run in a zigzag. You’ll beat him every time. Maybe.
- If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes than there were before
- 100 years ago everyone owned a horse, and only the rich had cars. Today, everyone has cars, and only the rich own horses.
- Less than 3% of the people who read this list will bother timing their cat, to see if it really does sleep 16 hours a day.
You Ain’t Gonna Believe This!
Fun facts that'll blow your mind!
Latest Issue & Articles:
Back to School
Turning up the heat on education
Thanks for the Feedback!
What other people think of us
Art of Manliness
Is the seven-year-itch real?
5 strategies for managing the age-old mortal combat