We’re too busy to enter them in any competition, but three award-winning COVERS roll off the press: 'CYBERSAFETY: ARE OUR KIDS AT RISK ONLINE' leads with a fearsome shark … 'KEEPING OUR KIDS OUT OF JAIL' puts our art-director’s young son behind bars… and 'SSHHH: ARE YOU CHEATING ON YOUR PARTNER' features the most yummy pair of red lips ever seen in Grapevine!
We’re also too busy (almost) to notice when our 200th edition rolls off the press:
- 200 times over the past 23 years we’ve gone into labour and given birth to a brand new magazine!
- 200 times it’s happened: coffee’s been drunk … ideas have been pooled … topics have been chosen … articles have been researched … interviews have been recorded … illustrations have been commissioned … and photos have been took.
- 200 times without fail: layouts have been designed … text has been edited … words have been reworked … pages have been proofed … filmwork has been flown to our printer … and enormous piles of finished copies have rolled off the presses.
- 200 times, one edition after another: those magazines have been trucked all over the country … walked around streets and suburbs … delivered with love to letterboxes … welcomed as a friend and enjoyed to the max in the privacy of people’s own homes.
- 200 different magazines with 200 different covers and 200 different messages: but, at the end of the day, all doing the same thing: ‘GIVING FAMILIES A LIFT’.
That calls for a CELEBRATION, surely!
TP from Christchurch agrees: “What a little gem of a magazine you have, and how pleased I am that we decided recently to become Street Sponsors. I think you have the perfect recipe. I admire your perseverance and what you’ve achieved with Grapevine, and I know that people on our street feel really encouraged by it. Keep up the great work and don’t change a thing!”
Read More Below